Welcome to littleBits forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hi Gang! I am new to LittleBits with my son. We have the Space Rover Inventor kit and its totally cool. Question that I could not locate in the forum… my Android bluetooth will not connect to the rover. The connection shows “rejected”. My Droid is version 7.0 (I just checked). Any thoughts on what may be going wrong? Thanks!

Hello,

I am techie dad - do software for a living. Got a load of littlebits kits to play/learn with my daughter including The Avengers kit, the space rover, music and a number of the hall of fame kits. Before I start to make projects with my daughter, I wanted to test out the capabilities of the system myself. I’m very impressed … just one niggle and it might be my error. In the avengers app, it seems I can go into a scratch like environment and program code onto the BLE bit. This seemed amazing except there was no way to have a variable in the app. I tried Android and iOS … both versions of the app don’t support variable (as far as I can tell). Am I missing something obvious?? Thanks!!

Hi My name is Karen Fasino. I use Little Bits with 6th grade G&T students. Admittedly, these kiddos are much smarter than me especially when it comes to coding. A few students are having trouble uploading their code and were wondering if they have TOO much code to upload! Please advise.
Thanks!!

could this help ?

or
https://shop.littlebits.com/pages/code-kit-teaching#lessons

hi my name is kalen ruffing

Hey folks, m y name is Casper from the Netherlands. Getting started with Littlebits and wanting to use them in workshops about interactive objects. Loving the synth kit too btw.
Cheers!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Gena. I only started working with littleBits about two weeks ago when I being a TA for a computer science camp over this summer. We work mostly with students in elementary and middle school.
I’m a junior in high school, and I’m looking to go into computer science or cyber security. Honestly, wherever my hobbies take me at this point.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m interested in electronics and programming, looking forward to working with you guys.

1 Like

Hi there! that sounds really cool.

Hi all

I’m Alex Xavier, I’m a food scientist working for an MNC called Kancor Mane, and I work in the global spice extraction department specializing in Ajowan extract. I wish I could get take and give some insights in this forum.
I’m happy to interact here.

Thanks

Welcome Gena, thanks for connecting with us and sharing your interest in computer science. I hope you had a great TA experience. Did the camp use littleBits?

Hi all

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas to do the following? This is my first project working with Arduino and I need help!
I am using a 4 wire stepper motor (Nema 17 stepper motor 1.7 A).

My goal is to have a stepper be controlled by a button, I would like it so when you press the button it tells the stepper to move a certain amount of rotations.

If anyone can help that would be amazing!

Below are the parts that I currently have! Willing to purchase other parts if needed!

Parts list:
1 x CNC Shield Board
1 x Longruner UNO R3 Board
1 x 1.5m USB cable for R3 Board
3 x Nema 17 stepper motor 1.7 A (with bracket and screw)
3 x Mechanical Switch Endstop
3 x 3Pin 70cm Cable
4 x DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver
4 x Aluminum heatsink w/ 3M tape backing
1* 400 tie-points Breadboard
1* Power Supply Module
20* Female-to-male Dupont Wire
1* 65 Jumper Wire
1* Precision Potentiometer
1* Active Buzzer
1* IC 4N35
1* Passive Buzzer
1* Thermistor
1* IC 74HC595
5* Diode Rectifier (1N4007)
5* NPN Transistor (PN2222)
2* Photoresistor
1* RGB LED
10* Button
10* White LED
10* Yellow LED
10* Blue LED
10* Green LED
10* Red LED
10* 22pf Ceramic Capacitor
10* 104 Ceramic Capacitor
10* Resistor (10R)
10* Resistor (100R)
10* Resistor (220R)
10* Resistor (330R)
10* Resistor (1K)
10* Resistor (2K)
10* Resistor (5K1)
10* Resistor (10K)
10* Resistor (100K)
10* Resistor (1M)
1* Resistance Card
2* Pin header (40pin)
5* Electrolytic Capacitor (10UF 50V)
5* Electrolytic Capacitor (100UF 50V)

Hi, how do i post a topic?

Hello to all, I am Julie from the USA.

Hello Julie! I’m Leo from Argentina and I’m glad to welcome you and all the new members of this forum. I hope you make this place your own and find new friends and learnings, and I’m sure we all have things to learn from you. Good Luck! :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

Hello Duncan! Welcome. We’ve just relaunched the forum. Please review this post for user information: http://discuss.littlebits.cc/t/welcome-to-littlebits-discussions/25975

Adding a new topic should be available to you in your user profile. I’ll look into settings for you as well. Thanks!

Welcome Julie, glad you joined us!