Welcome to littleBits forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hello all !
My name is Frank and I live in the Netherlands.
Glad to find this community of electronic enthusiasts. I’m always surrendered by electronic stuff ( it’s my profession ). Since many years I’m developing circuits and devices and I think that Littlebits is just what I need to go further.
So, happy to meet you all folks !

3 Likes

Hi, @Frankje!

1 Like

Wow. How did I forget that? LED to find your way, yes!!!

4 Likes

My name is Raymond Yee, and I live in Albany, California – just north of Berkeley and across the Bay from San Francisco. My wife and bought a deluxe kit for my nephew, and he’s gradually getting into it. I’m personally working with the Cloudbit starter kit right now. I don’t have a specific project nailed down yet, but am working on some ideas.

4 Likes

welcome @rdhyee!! Have you checked http://littlebits.cc/projects for project ideas? You can also get advice in the Project Discussion category :slight_smile: ps. if you were a bit which one would you be?

I’m a former Silicon Valley I.C. design engineer looking to automate my home lighting and security. littleBits seemed like an easy way to program some things unavailable off the shelf.

I’m also interested in musical and photographic applications. Still have my Sequential Prophet V and Yamaha DX-7 from writing and performing with rock bands in the 1980s, and now a Kurzweil PC3LE8 synthesizer. I also get occasional assignments for interiors and product photography.

3 Likes

Hello,
I am Alex Pikkert and I live in the Netherlands.
I am a BSc. (Bachelor of Science), Electrical Engineering, and I have worked for Eaton Electrical in the Netherlands as sales engineer and product manager for medium voltage switchgear systems. (www.eaton.nl)
I retired last year after fulfilling this job for 37 years. I have always been fascinated by electronics and automation since I was a kid and owned many engineering and construction sets. (Lego, Philips Electrical and Mechanical Engineering sets, Fischer Technik, Arduino.etc).
When I discovered your LittleBits I really wanted to find out the details and try to use them in my home…

2 Likes

I’m a former Silicon Valley I.C. design engineer looking to automate my home lighting and security. littleBits seemed like an easy way to program some things unavailable off the shelf.

I’m also interested in musical and photographic applications. Still have my Sequential Prophet V and Yamaha DX-7 from writing and performing with rock bands in the 1980s, and now a Kurzweil PC3LE8 synthesizer. I also get occasional assignments for interiors and product photography.

3 Likes

@lecycliste Welcome! So happy to have you here! Can’t wait to see you on the Community Call on Wednesday. Check out our Art + Design track, I’m sure there will be something up your alley.

http://discuss.littlebits.cc/c/inventanything/art-design

So eager to get started, @chloeatplay. The course officially opens for signup today, everyone. Thanks for all your help in the beta phase, crew,

signups are here: http://littlebits.cc/invent-anything

Hi, I am very creative and like to get started on the invent anything course. I am an 8 year old with a big imagination and want to learn more about how little bits work. :dog:

4 Likes

Hello. I am Patricia from the Kansas City, MO area where I work as a science education / STEM consultant. My early teaching career included middle school science and art.
After some further graduate work, my teaching focused on preservice and graduate teaching in science education and technology. Now in semi-retirement, I provide STEM PD for K-8 teachers .

Five of my grandchildren (ages 4-10) are huge fans of littleBits. Our workbench is full of contraptions and inventions.

My latest efforts include the Arduino littleBits. This is quite a contrast to my first computer, a Commodore 64.

4 Likes

StevilKenevil here, I am the Instructional Media Coordinator for a school district at the Jersey Shore. I don’t know Snooki, but my buddy is Sammi’s cousin :flushed: . I just purchased the Korg and Space kits yesterday, so I was excited to be invited to this class today. I am really hoping to share my experiences with my teachers and students. I am also hoping you make that Scratch bit, as that is something I already teach and think the synergy would be awesome.

2 Likes

Hi, My name is Joseph Aumuller, I am 24 and I live in Queens, NY and am currently a student at CityTech in Brooklyn studying Mechanical Engineering Technology. I am scheduled to graduate with a BA in Technology this coming spring. I am fairly new to Littlebits, I received the Deluxe Kit as a gift for Christmas, and also purchased the Arduino Coding Kit shortly after. I have been interested in joining the “Maker Movement” and become a fellow maker myself, I just never really knew where to begin. I am excited to take part in the #InventAnything online course!!!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I’m Pearly, a multimedia journalist working in Singapore. I was born and raised in Singapore and have worked in the Philippines, Tokyo and Shanghai as a journalist. I love to learn and littlebits has been a really fun experience in experimenting with electronics.

I’m also a musician at heart and started the playing the piano at 2. I eventually stopped competing and performing, but it’s part of my core.

I’ve bought the duluxe kit, the cloudbit expansion pack and a gazillion other bits because I couldn’t get enough. And if I could be something from littlebits, I think I’d like to be a power source.

I’m in the midst of creating a robot as well, and learning electronics 101, and love making things with my mind and hands. I’m really excited to say hi, and to know other learners, thinkers and tinkerers!

My twitter handle is @pearlyt_

Cheers and let’s have a lot of fun!

3 Likes

Hi, mi name is Luis Fernando (aka luiscript). I’m a software engineer from Mexico. I purchased the Deluxe Kit, Synth kit and Arduino coding kit and I love all of them. I do code for a living and I do code for hobby. For work I do web, mobile, interactive apps and I also teach what a know, for hobby I’m focused in creating audiovisual musical instruments/toys/gadgets. You can check my experiments at my website luiscript.com.

If I could be a bit, it wil be the proto Module, because is multi-purpose and you never know what you can do with it.

Cheers.

2 Likes

This is the best thing I have read in a long time…thanks Jude!

3 Likes

I’m Alva – have purchased several littleBits kits, had the most success with the Synthesizer kit but less so far with the others, so I’m really looking forward to getting jumpstarted again on playing with them.

1 Like

Hello @luiscript we are so glad you are here!! I really loved your Syphon Step Sequencer project, have you thought of building it with littleBits? http://luiscript.com/2013/04/syphon-step-sequencer/

Hello @pearlyt and welcome :slight_smile: Maybe you will find the Music track of our Invent Anything course interesting. The first activity sounds right up your alley ^^ discuss.littlebits.cc/t/1-1-make-byo-instrument/17274/