Welcome to littleBits forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Welcome to littleBits Forum, Susan! Glad to keep teachers and kids learning with STEM/STEAM classroom tools. :raised_hands:

Welcome Justin, we’re looking forward to seeing this invention and lots of people here to help you along the way. Please share it in “invention buzz” when you’re ready!

Hello there,

I’m Jeffrey Patrick. I’m a Computer Science Integration Teacher in Pittsburgh. I teach computer science and PBL to all students K-5. Glad to meet everyone here, and to learn from you all.

2 Likes

Hi,
My name is Rose Freeman. I am a fifth grade teacher in Lake Oswego, OR. I have been using LittleBits with my classes for three years. Although we are self-contained classes, we have begun a period a week that we call Cerebral Diversity. During Cerebral Diversity, each teacher takes something that is near and dear to their hear and teaches it to one group of students at a time, rotating all three classes through in a month. I have always used LittleBits during this time to teach the invention cycle. It’s so fun to see what the kids come up with and how different each group is!

2 Likes

What a wonderful way to incorporate inventing and littleBits into your planning, Rose. Thanks so much for sharing and welcome to community. :purple_heart:

I’m Alan from Milton-Union Schools in Ohio. I teach K-5 STEM, Coding & Design. I see 700 students a week and we love exploring, creating and playing in our lab.

1 Like

Welcome Alan! :wave:

Hello,
I’m Jennifer Keene, I spent 21 years the primary classroom. This year I have moved out of the classroom into a district Math and Science Coach position. My passion and drive has been getting young children involved in STEM. I am currently working with all seven of my elementaries to get STEM programming up and running and also create Makerspaces in each building. I look forward to get ideas and resources from you all.

2 Likes

Hi, @vicki_littleBits. I tried to create a topic in Invention Buzz to discuss our project, and was denied with a “You don’t have permission to view this resource.” I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Hi everyone! :wave:
My name is Christy Ruffin. I teach Intro to Computer Science, Coding, and Robotics. I facilitate STEM Wars and Genius Hour as well in my building. I LOVE littleBits and have been using them for several years. I look forward to learning from you all and sharing what I’ve learned along the way!

2 Likes

How fun! I can’t wait to see/hear more!

1 Like

The code kits are AMAZING and watching those faces light up is THE best!

Hi, I’m Timo Rozendal, dutch father of 2 daughters : 4 and 7 years old. Audiovisual developer by day, DIY synth enthusiast by night.
There is an opportunity for parents to do a few short series of workshops in the class of my 7 year old and after I signed up to do this it started to grow and grow in my head. I really want to share my joy of sound and electronics and programming with my kids (and other kids).
So… I dived into the 2nd hand littlebits market and bought quite a bunch that we I am exploring now together with my kids. It’s a lot of fun! I also plan to make my own custom bits and interface with other things (such as my Tinkerbots set).
Nice meeting you!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Alon, :israel: Israeli-Australian :australia: teacher :man_teacher: from Melbourne. I taught Science :atom_symbol:, Robotics :robot: and Languages :mahjong: to middle-school students for 7 years before taking a break to have a go in the private sector managing a modular robotics project for an IT re-seller supplying schools across Victoria. Now I’m back teaching in a STEM/Trade-Training centre called KIOSC that is part of Swinburne University, running programs for students of all ages on everything you can imagine under the STEM umbrella AND LOVING IT! I also like to do some science communication on the side as @MrAlonScience on FB and Insta.

I got introduced to LittleBits while doing some casual work last summer at one of Melbourne’s ten Tech Schools, and have been hooked ever since!
What I like to do most with LittleBits is to create activities where they integrate with other technologies. For example: creating circuits like automatic lighting :rotating_light: , thermostat fans :cool: , and motion-activated servos, installing them inside an “insect farm” with PlumGeek Ringo robots simulating the insects :cricket:, and monitoring them with BLE bits, as part of a lesson on insects as a food source and smart farming.

I’m looking forward to learning about (and acquiring for myself!) all the various bits, and getting great mileage out of what we have at work through new and exciting programs for the students!

I’m going to post a video soon of how I decorate my X’mas tree :christmas_tree: with LittleBits, so stay tuned for that!

In the meantime, nice meeting you all!

4 Likes

Hello all! My name is Nancy and I live in Dallas. Glad to find this community. I think that is just what I need to go further. So, happy to meet you all folks!

2 Likes

Hello! :raised_hands: I am excited to connect with other LittleBits fans. I am located in sunny Florida. I am the Innovation Coordinator at Grandview Preparatory School. I also teach middle-school ELA. I have always loved creating and inventing. I find the versatility in using LittleBits is phenomenal for makers of all ages. I am happy to have them at my school this year. My goal is to show all of my colleagues the endless possibilities in using LittleBits in all of our projects. I look forward to learning from all of you!
Twitter Handle- teacherdarden

3 Likes

I like you mixing idea! I love that you are thinking this way.

Wow! Sounds like you do some pretty amazing stuff. I love how you are incorporating LittleBits.

It sounds like I will be reaching out to you more often than you might like. I am fairly new to using the LittleBits, but do know about them. I am excited to finally have them at my school.

1 Like

Hi all, My name is Nancy Gifford. I teach grade 7 science and robotics for grades 5-7. I am just getting to know littleBits, but am excited to see the potential. I love my Spheros.

2 Likes