Welcome to littleBits forums! Please introduce yourself :)

Hello I am Fred. I teach grades 6-8, this is my first year using Little Bits. We have a large school kit, however there re no wheels or gears etc. I was hoping I would find some wheels and gears on your site to purchase, or advice on wheels / gears that work easily with little bits.

My students love Little bits, I had a few students thank me yesterday (we just started). He said, thank you so much for a fantastic 45 minutes at school. I feels so good to hear students enjoying school, I am definitely going to make little bits a big part of my Tech Exploration class.

Hi everyone, I am Taharica from Indonesia. I’m 2D Illustrator and have job as IT staff. Now, I learning about Arduino and want to make weather station with Arduino and Data logger (Data logger from loggerindo.com) project. I’m make this project for my thesis I hope can learn from here :smile

Hello, I am the owner of Indian Crafts. It is the best handicraft companies i n India.

Hi, I joined mainly because I have a servo problem, but I can see this is an interesting community that will inspire us to try new t hings with littlebits

Hello everyone,

I’m from Belgium.

I’m a total newbie to all this Littlebits stuff.

Found it while searching something similar and these littlebits seem easy enough for even a total newbie,
to make something with it.

I also don’t have any coding skills, so that too will be a big challenge, but I’m up for it !!

Hopefully I will find the info/help on the forum for my first project that I have in mind.

Greetings,
Soxbrother

I’ve made a topic regarding my project

Look for it here Sound Sensor activated Mp3 player

Hello everyone!
I am Ayesha and am planning to take on a few simple projects using simple coding and using Arduino I will try to come up with something new.(Hopefully)
It’s nice to be in this forum and I know you guys will help me out with any doubt that I have.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Robert. I’m disappointed at the Zero Tolerance e-mail and stance Ayah has taken. The Zero Tolerance policy that separated children from their “parents” existed long before President Trump took office. It’s being mega-phoned by the news now rather than when it started. And I say “parents” because many immigrating adults who are not related to the children still claim to be in order to improve their chances of immigration.

I voted for Obama twice. But I’ve gotten tired of “snowflakes” who jump to conclusions and are only now sensitive about how messed up the world is because they are upset about the single person who is president.

You just lost me as a customer because you clearly didn’t do your research, you over-reacted, and now you’re giving money to an organization that does things like claim school lockers are “private property” and cannot be searched - a policy that would make our schools more dangerous and unruly, except that, thankfully, teachers and administrators were smart enough to just eliminate lockers all together. (Watch, now the ACLU will sue the schools for not providing lockers, which in turn is a health risk to the kids having to carry too much stuff - nevermind the extra 20 pounds of fat they’re carrying because we’re already too soft on them.)

Finally, if you feel so strongly about this, why is there NO TOPIC here in the forums about it, and there’s no way to reply to Ayah’s blog post? I hope we’re not worried about having a REAL conversation - because I don’t like being lectured to without the ability to participate.

Thank you for your feedback on this. We’ll certainly share it with out team. You can relay any other feedback to support@littlebits.com.

Anyone know where to download the driver for the w30 ble or the code bit???

I am having heaps of trouble getting the dongle or bit to install and LittleBits isn’t helping me out much.

Thanks!

Locker searches are legislated by state and by school. The ACLU has a page regarding student privacy: https://www.aclu.org/other/students-your-right-privacy and various state chapters have additional information, e.g., https://www.aclunc.org/our-work/know-your-rights/searches-of-students. That’s what the ACLU says about lockers and privacy.

Regarding separation of families; there was never a law mandating separation. Even if there was a stated non-legal policy, it was rarely or ever done. The stated policy of separation is supposed to be a deterrent as stated by Kelly a few months after Trump took office. A modicum of research and archival searches explains this pretty easily.

Seems like the “snowflake” label works both ways sometimes.

Hello. I have just purchased a Droid Inventor Kit, even though I am over 9 years old. Therefore I am new to droids, littleBits, and this forum. So far my droid will move and make noises. I am having trouble downloading a voice message to my droid as described in the secret message mission of the introductory app. I suspect the problem is how I am attempting to use the “control panel” shown in the app. Any suggestions?

Just now I am quite concerned about naming my droid and am having a naming contest. The only rule is that the hame must make use of a R and a D in tribute to R2D2. An example of an acceptable name would be Rodney Dangerfield." Any votes?

Jim

H. my name is Mordechai and I run a maker space at our middle school in Boca Raton, Florida.

Hi Gang! I am new to LittleBits with my son. We have the Space Rover Inventor kit and its totally cool. Question that I could not locate in the forum… my Android bluetooth will not connect to the rover. The connection shows “rejected”. My Droid is version 7.0 (I just checked). Any thoughts on what may be going wrong? Thanks!

Hello,

I am techie dad - do software for a living. Got a load of littlebits kits to play/learn with my daughter including The Avengers kit, the space rover, music and a number of the hall of fame kits. Before I start to make projects with my daughter, I wanted to test out the capabilities of the system myself. I’m very impressed … just one niggle and it might be my error. In the avengers app, it seems I can go into a scratch like environment and program code onto the BLE bit. This seemed amazing except there was no way to have a variable in the app. I tried Android and iOS … both versions of the app don’t support variable (as far as I can tell). Am I missing something obvious?? Thanks!!

Hi My name is Karen Fasino. I use Little Bits with 6th grade G&T students. Admittedly, these kiddos are much smarter than me especially when it comes to coding. A few students are having trouble uploading their code and were wondering if they have TOO much code to upload! Please advise.
Thanks!!

could this help ?

or
https://shop.littlebits.com/pages/code-kit-teaching#lessons

hi my name is kalen ruffing

Hey folks, m y name is Casper from the Netherlands. Getting started with Littlebits and wanting to use them in workshops about interactive objects. Loving the synth kit too btw.
Cheers!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Gena. I only started working with littleBits about two weeks ago when I being a TA for a computer science camp over this summer. We work mostly with students in elementary and middle school.
I’m a junior in high school, and I’m looking to go into computer science or cyber security. Honestly, wherever my hobbies take me at this point.

2 Likes