Smart Home Kit

The Smart Home Kit looks great but one thing I’m wondering about is the usage of cloudBits. Currently they only allow one input/output. Is there any difference with the current behaviour and the one included in this kit or can you address multiple output channels. from the cloud with one bit?

Thinking I’d probably need 2-3 cloudBits so more than one of the projects can be setup at once…

not sure if i’m missing something though.

thanks dan.

Hello Dan!

You’re correct that the cloudBit™ still only has one output, and while the kit would be made better by the addition of more cloudBits™, you can think of the Smart Home Kit as a sort of “on demand” technology kit. With just the contents of the kit, you can set up any of the projects and use it for as long as you need, then tear it down and put up another!

I hope this explains the thought process, but let me know if you have any other ideas or feedback!

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the quick response. Okay that’s fine, I have one already and would probably get another as well to go with it then :slight_smile:

I’ll wait until the end of the year to order, once I’ve moved to North America so the power adapter will work - although I’m assuming it is North American AC switch only at the moment anyway?

Cheers Dan.

Your assumption is correct, it is currently only a North American A/C switch.

I can’t wait to see all the fun things you create with your multiple cloudBit™ ecosystem!

Can you please explain the rationale behind making the AC Switch available only in this kit?

Hi @thiggins,

Totally hear you on this - we’re going to have this available individually at the beginning of next year. If you’d like to be notified when that happens, you can sign up for the wait list here.

Thanks. I think I’ll wait. May make more sense to use the AC switch with the Arduino module to stay off of the cloud.