The #1 Rule of Karaoke is:
“You sing the most awkward song you can do.” -@joey.
In this week’s call we discussed:
- What kind of bit is best for 50 pulses!
- How best to thoughtfully attribute when we are inspired by others
- Designing learning activities
Remixing is Relationships
- “Yes, all the time. I like to send a note to writers whose articles have moved me.” @aliceava
- “When setting up events like hackdays I’ve shamelessly reached out to other organisers I know for tips and help. I’m always trying to do a ‘new thing’ but there’s no point making someone else’s mistakes again.” @meeware
- I mean it’s great to connect to your “idols” @ValentinaC
bitSTARs are Saying Hi
@ValentinaC’s intro was verrrrrry awesome.
Are You Struggling with a Project?
Use discourse + the tents to ask for help like @joey did for the community call. You can also post one of your projects as inspiration for others. @vanessa and @chloeatplay would also appreciate your help if you could suggest a design challenge in the various tents.
- Synth Tent: http://discuss.littlebits.cc/category/synth
- Art and Design: http://discuss.littlebits.cc/category/art-design
- Science: http://discuss.littlebits.cc/category/science
- Internet of Things: http://discuss.littlebits.cc/category/internet-of-things
- Hardware: http://discuss.littlebits.cc/category/bitlab
Community Call Weds 28 Jan 12pm EST
- We’ll be meeting here to discuss privacy, internet of things and big data: https://unhangout.media.mit.edu/event/littlebits
- Take a look at these two articles and post your ideas about privacy and IoT: Discuss: Big Data & Privacy, The Other Side of IoT
- Think about a project you’ve made or seen that provoked some thinking for you about privacy & mention it on the Discourse thread. We’re going to think deeper about that on the call and share out.
Your littlebits Karaoke MCs, @chloeatplay and Vanessa