Here’s the action from the #InventAnything community this week:
#InventAnything has Launched: Let’s Tell Our Friends
While we continue to test, play and iterate with you, we’ve launched the sign-up site for Invent Anything. Check it out!
- Blog Post: http://littlebits.cc/hello-invent-anything
- Signup Page: http://littlebits.cc/invent-anything
- Tweet: https://twitter.com/littleBits/status/563408306489004032
Please share with your local crew + pals!
This also means new folks will be coming by the forums to check it out. Give them a warm bit’ster welcome when they do, please.
Events that Rule
- Unexpected: like dancing in the rain, a horse with LEDs on it, carnival hackathons
- Encourages individual creativity: themes, fun costumes
- Doing something physical: dancing, roller disco
- Opt-in / choice: Brunch meet-ups where participants drive the activity, like Acumen+ brunches
Amazing Resources + Discussions from the Community this Week
Please keep sharing in the weekly call and in the forums with each other!
Full video of the call can be found here:
Help @Milind Make an Awesome Event!
An awesome bitSTAR Milind is putting together a large-scale event. He’s posted his idea here and would love feedback / ideas / support.
I caught the following details about the event (folks jump in if I missed anything!):
- 200-600 people
- workshop with school teachers
- followed up by access to pro library for week
- teachers design activities to take away to their classrooms
From our call, folks had the following recommendations:
- Picking a focus first
- Balance serendipity and structure
- Pairing a designer with a teacher, work backwards, don’t give them bits before you explain to them what you want to do, short breaks
- The fishbowl methods works well with kids: https://www.edutopia.org/pdfs/coop_math_bowman/bowman_fishbowl_method.pdf
- littleBits also provides “Module Cards” to help with activities for events: https://s3.amazonaws.com/littleBits_pdfs/littleBits_IndividualModulesCards.pdf
@chloeatplay Designed Some Stellar Event Guides
Which also will help you as you begin to work on events. They are all in the “Event” category on these here forums.
Next week we’ll focus on building an audience + finding your crew. Stay tuned to the Monday reminder for updates.
Have a great weekend!
@chloeatplay + Vanessa