Playing back recorded sounds

Hello,

I want at each time someone touches something, basically a touch sensor, it triggers the same audio file to be played after 2 seconds.

I’m thinking about: Power > Pressure sensor > Timeout (off-on) > MP3 player (once mode) > Speaker

Will this be working, or there is an other perfect way to do that?

Also, I want at each time an audio file from a list is played on a trigger effect, it will be followed immediately by an other audio file, which is the same for every played file from the list.

This is my try;

Power > Button > MP3 player > an other MP3 player > Speaker

where the first player is in the NEXT MODE, and the second player is in the ONCE MODE. If not, can this behavior be made using a timeout bit? or through programming?

My 3rd question is: is it possible to record and send audio files using a phone (through bluetooth or the cloud for example) to a bit that can play them back on a button trigger?

Alternatives would help as well.

Can you please help me with this. I’m trying to figure out which bits do I need so to be sure what I should purchase.

Thanks,

2 Likes

Hi @knowman,

Nice project !

I only have one MP3 player but I tried a few setups for you.
Unfortunally connecting two MP3 players in series does not work…The signal output of the MP3 player cannot switch another MP3 player, the output is made of a combination of a continuous 2.5 DC voltage level and the audio signal. The MP3 player needs a full 5 V DC signal (ON/OFF) on its input to switch to the next song. But there are a few solutions to make your setup !
You can use a fork (W7) in the following setup:

power > button > fork output 1: first MP3 player NEXT MODE > speaker and output 2: timeout i17 off-on > second MP3 player ONCE MODE > speaker

(I tried this with my bargraph instead of the second MP3 player to check the signal from the button).

Instead of the W7 fork you could also use a wire split W29 or a branch W2, depending on your project. If you have only one speaker, you also could combine both sounds into one speaker with a i37 mix bit.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need more info !
:grinning: :musical_score:

1 Like

Thank you so much @alexpikkert for your very informative answer.

Could you please let me know if the following configuration is right for playing the same audio 2 seconds after a sensor trigger?
Power > Pressure sensor > Timeout (off-on) > MP3 player (once mode) > Speaker

And is it possible to record audio files using a phone and send them to a bit that can play them back on a button trigger or instantly?

Thanks,

1 Like

There isn’t a module that can stream or save sounds / music from a phone.

For the delay, you could edit the sound files to add 2 seconds of silence on every track. That may be an easier way to deal with it. It may be easier to edit the mp3s than use multiple mp3 players etc.

1 Like

Hi @knowman,
first question:
Yes it works, although the timeout bit is ment for much longer delays, but after fiddeling a lot with the settings it worked.

second question:
you cannot send an audio file directly from a phone to a bit, but recording (or copying or downloading) an MP3 file onto a microSD card in your phone and then removing it and mount it into the i25 MP3 player bit works fine, but I suppose that’s not what you are thinking of…
The MP3 bit can only play from an inserted microSD card.
:bitstar:

All the communication bits (cloudbit, bluetooth bits and the wireless transmitters are not able to send audio…

Thank you guys :bitstar:

1 Like