News from the Bitosphere - November 9, 2015

#News from the Bitosphere!

Welcome to Remix City, where your once familiar projects now look totally tnereffid and surprisingly new! This is a long post, packed with goodness from YOU. :wink:

Hello from the Blue School & Other Store News

Blue School held their annual Immersion Day by taking over the littleBits Store where students learned how to use littleBits to improve environments in a design challenge back at school. littleBits Industrial Design Lead @jordi_littleBits and Arduino Expert Andrew @theterg were on-site to share their expertise.

Girls from the Cornelia Connley Center dropped by littleBits Store on Saturday for a morning filled with tunes and tech as they built keytars alongside littleBits Invention Advisors. Cornelia Connelly Center champions girls at risk, empowering them to realize their full potential from middle school through college and beyond.

• In celebration of Movember, littleBits Store is hosting Dadurday’s. Special Saturday workshops where Dads can invent with kids at their littleBits Store. A percentage of proceeds will be donated to the Movember Fund. :heart:
  • Thanks for the awesome store contributions, @kristensmith! :smile:

Community Hall of Fame

Check out Alarm Clock by lukebit!

“​I needed an alarm clock and i get for my birthday a cloudbit starter kit and this was a very good solution to my problem!” Bits are always here to help solve your problems, lukebit! Keep posting - we can’t wait to see what you make next! :slight_smile:

Barnes & Noble Mini Maker Faire

• Jennifer O’Steen tweeted from Daytona. Click on her tweet to watch a cute 10 second video! :movie_camera:

• Community Members volunteered to show off bits, like @shaiss Perednik at the Berwyn, PA store.

Here’s what Shai had to say: “I had a great time. My son and I had a 6ft table with LittleBits, arduinos, rocketdept soldering kit, peltier module, diy flashlight and some other stuff. Our juke box LittleBits robot upgrade :movie_camera: for day 3 was a hit! There was a workshop kit and we shared our bits with my son, leading the sessions teaching other kids about LittleBits. We did this throughout the day 11am-5pm sat & sun. There was no specific time for the workshop.”

• Let us know if you met any Bitsters this weekend! We love hearing your stories!

Where my Remixes @?

• I promised you remixes, right? Get an eyeful of these! More are on their way - people tell me on the DL. :bitstar: :star:

• SeventhDwarf made a new type of voltage HSV controlled RGB LED So many colors!

• @jflottmeyer’s Lego Pinball Machine comes replete with pictures of gears, diagrams, and descriptive build steps. :slight_smile: Go, John!

https://vine.co/v/ej1xuBOzFKY

You could argue that these are not all Remixes. However, it’s clearly in the zeitgeist, which is a very good thing! Bye for now, Bitsters! :heart: :bitstar: