My MacBook Air USB doesn't create a serial port for Arduino module

It’s only offering me bluetooth serial connections. We tried it on another mac computer – same thing.

Any suggestions?

didn’t mean to start my own topic. Sorry!

Hi dcdenison,

There could be a number of issues you are experiencing if you do not see your virtual serial port. Have you uploaded a sketch onto it before? If so, it is possible to use too much memory and lockout the bootloader to prevent it from creating the correct serial port. You may want to check the resetting instructions provided here. If that does not work or this is a brand new Arduino module let me know and we will investigate further.

-Sean

The “reset” did work, when I used the simple Blink sketch.

But I’m not able to get the servo sketch to work, even after running the blink sketch. Is it possible the servo sketch is just too big?

when I try to run it, the serial port disappers and I get this message:

“Couldn’t find a Leonardo on this port….”

Binary sketch size: 5,886 bytes (of a 28,672 byte maximum)
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Couldn’t find a Leonardo on the selected port. Check that you have the correct port selected. If it is correct, try pressing the board’s reset button after initiating the upload.
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:153)
at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:67)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1671)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1627)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1599)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2380)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)

Hi dcdenison,

Are you using the servo sketch from our example list? That one should work as long as you don’t allocate too much memory. If you make the “states” or “durations” variables too long you can lock out the serial port but the 100 recommended with the project should work.

-Sean

I have the some problem, I tried the resetting instructions but didn’t work for me. This never happened: "7) You should receive a “Done uploading” status ".

I was using an array and by mistake it got too long, probably fulling the Arduino memory. In that case, why the entire port disappeared?… and how can I get it back?

Thanks.

I have a brand new module and this has happen to me. Could you please help?