Minecraft /redstone resources

Continuing the discussion from Welcome and Introduce yourself!:

I just wanted to kick off a discussion where we could share Minecraft and redstone resource materials.

One of the most useful resources I have found for redstone is “The Ulitmate Guide to Mastering Circuit Power!”. It’s the book I grab most often for quick reference. On Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Guide-Mastering-Circuit-Power/dp/1629370940/

A second book- “Minecraft Mastery” - covers redstone and some of the mods, such as qcraft, is decent and covers (very lightly) the modding process. Link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Minecraft-Mastery-Build-Redstone-Contraptions/dp/0071839666/

By no means exhaustive but I wanted to get something started. Please reply with other useful resources, web links, etc…

Really enjoyed seeing the vid of the LittleBits mod in action; I assume it’s not available for download yet? Can’t find it in any case.
I also connected Minecraft to Littlebits, but using ComputerCraft of course. That link is to a video showing how I did it.

Not as sweet as the LittleBits mod, but mostly about showing how to integrate my web server with LittleBits.
I previously also used it to make Redstone 2 Phone, a way send a redstone signal to your phone via SMS.

I’m trying to make it easier to connect things like LittleBits to the web, much like how Littlebits makes building circuits vastly simpler. Boomtree allows the flexibility of a programming language without requiring you know the web stack to build interfaces and server parts.

@Bytron3039 Hi, glad to hear you enjoyed the demo! It’s not available for download quite yet, there’s a bug or two I want to iron out before we put it for for everyone to use. But, we’re planning to post it in a month or so, so it won’t be too long.

I saw your video few seconds ago, I love it! I think the computercraft integration is really nice, and has a ton of potential for really powerful projects. I’d love to see where it goes.

1 Like

Thanks for looking, Stan, and I look forward to seeing the littleBits mod. Only bummed that my HTTP server won’t be necessary with it! If you encounter something that does require some server middleware, I’d love to help.

My name is Bruce (@br1wr2el3) I have published one littlebits project and an new to Minecraft.

I am looking forward to using the cloudbit and learning more about both littlebits and Minecraft.

Hi, my name is Dave. I’m a programmer from the Dos and early Windows days, but got out before ‘the Internet’ became a thing. I have a 12 year old daughter that loves Minecraft, is a huge world builder and when she’s not building in Minecraft, is watching YouTube videos about building in Minecraft.

While I live in an Apple eco-system, for cost and ease of replacement, my daughters (12 and 8) have Google Chromebooks and Kindle Fires, which mean they’re running Minecraft Pocket Edition (Android and also iOS with their iPods).

From what I’ve seen, it looks like the cloudbit only works with PC/Mac versions of Minecraft. Is that correct? If need be, I can always let her play access it on one of the various Macs around the house.

Thanks for the help. We just got the Gizmos and Gadgets, the Cloudbit and I’ve ordered a bunch of extra I/O bits. We’re having a blast.

@David_MB Hey Dave, it’s great to have you here. My first programming experience was with QBasic and batch scripting in Dos (though during Win 95 era), and I went from there.

You’re correct, right now the bitCraft mod only works on PC and Mac (and linux). I would absolutely love to make it compatible with pocket edition, but the modding support just isn’t there yet.

So glad to hear you’re having fun, looking forward to seeing what you all make! Let me know if you have any other questions, I’m happy to help.

Just want to say that this is very cool! My son and I got it all working, and I can’t tell who is having more fun. :wink: Thanks Stan!