LittleBits drops support of CloudBit?

Thanks for the reply. I hope you are right. This morning I am able to log in to the LittleBits app but it won’t connect to my CloudBit. I actually had trouble connecting to it via the app previously but at least sometimes it would work. I hope they aren’t dropping support for CloudBit. Or if they do I hope they give us some alternative for controlling things through it. Thanks again for the reply!

1 Like

Hope you’re right. It’d be a bummer to use the functionality of my CloudBits.

1 Like

Hi @npete and @maccast,
I could log into my cloudbit this evening in the Netherlands (2100 GMT+1) and send and receive data. No problem.
The only bug I noticed was in the graphics of the receiving scale arrow on the web page. It went haywire instead of moving from 0 to max.
:grinning:

Yes no problems anymore, now the fix on the ifttt and i can move further

1 Like

Yes! I reported that bug to support@littlebits a few months ago. Clearly, they have bigger fish to fry.

Thanks for the update! I’ll revisit my cloudBits now.

What url did you use for cloud control? I cannot find the link @ejbiegel and @alexpikkert?

Hi Bridget @Thingfully ,
I now realize they are all working to change things to make them better…
This is the url I use: http://control.littlebitscloud.cc/
Sending/receiving is working now. great.
(exept for the arrow pointer on the receiving page, and I agree with youthat it is a minor bug… )
:grinning:

Still several webpages Littlebits.com are not working . And the app gave an error message today. I reported them all together. I will go after the ifttt problem again. It seems like littlebits is falling down a little bit.

Thanks! Support told me that they are working to resolve the IFTTT issue. If others in this conversation write to support@littlebits.cc (or is it .com now?), they will know that I’m not the only person hoping to use the cloudBit + IFTTT.

Yep! Thanks guys! Sorry I panicked! Everything is working now. Whew!

Just an FYI—it’s been over a week since things came back. I just wanted to say thanks for the replies! Everything still seems great with the cloudbit control! Now I’m having trouble with my Lego Roller Coaster where the chain lift has started jamming for no apparent reason—but obviously that has nothing to do with the cloudbit, thankfully. My plan is to allow anyone to be able to control my Coaster from the Internet and watch the coaster from several different cameras. Not sure if that will work now though. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for the replies!

1 Like

Hi Everyone, please see linked post below:

Hello again everyone. We sincerely appreciate your patience while our team worked on restoring cloudBit software service. We were recently able to fix enough of the connection to control.littleBitscloud.cc so that most users should now be able to setup and control cloudBits.

Unfortunately the IFTTT connection will require more work.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to support@littlebits.com

I still get the OH NO! when trying to setup my cloudbit. It’s kind of pointless for me to try though. Without IFTTT my kids’ weather station invention is useless.
Joseph Elwell.

Hi all. Any news on Cloudbit? I reopened my old box of the Home IoT kit in order to play my my second daughter after a few years and i cant get the cloudbit to set up. Seems nobody is on the other line…This awesome module can’t be pit off line. This is such an amazing tool. Can Littlebits clarify what we can expect? Thanks -b from Switzerland

“most users should now be able to setup and control cloudBits”? I have 3 cloudbits, I have tried connecting them on 3 different networks. 1 of them used to be connected regularly last year. None of them can connect now. This most users, makes me think that you’re programming error has some sort of predictability. Should I try creating a new account, because surely it’s not my hardware.
Joseph Elwell.

You can update the code on your cloudbit with the code at https://github.com/Hixie/localbit so that it’ll talk on your local network instead of the cloud.

I think it’s disingenuous for LittleBits to claim that the cloudbits are working for some people, or even intermittently. I have tried every so often for a while now and none of my 3 cloudbits can connect.

Oh apparently it’s official now. https://littlebits.com/products/cloudbit
“The cloudBit is discontinued.”
Joseph Elwell.

Hi Joseph @jelwell, thanks for the news! I was one of the users that kept using the cloudbit normally. I thought this was because I was using IFTTT from a twitter trigger to a cloudbit action. But now I’m offline too, getting an “:warning: Error: Internal server error.” when accesing http://control.littlebitscloud.cc/ (although in one ocation I refreshed the page and I could acces the app).

In conclusion, I guess we can’t rely on the cloudbit for now, but I still agree with @alexpikkert that maybe

I still believe in littleBits mission and I trust in @ayah_littleBits decision making to invent a more inclusive world with more opportunies for everyone, specially for the most vulnerable ones. And I don’t care if I’m being naive for thinking this way or if littleBits team is working on things that are not directed to my own interest. Because I wonder how it would be to live in world where we were more concerned to each others feeling, and made an effort to be nicer and respectful while creating healthier atmospheres to keep growing and learning from each other. So we can all work together to taclke the problems we have in today’s world with more motivation, support, and happiness.

Sorry for the emotion and thanks for reading!

1 Like

This is the answer of the Littlebits team regarding my support question if the cloudbit is only down for maintenance or complete discontinued forever:

“We sincerely appreciate your patience while our team worked on restoring cloudBit software service.
Now there is some ongoing work on the backend of the site that is causing intermittent errors.
We are working on finding the root cause of these issues and we hope to have an update soon. We will continue to support the cloud service as best as we are able for as long as we can.
All the best,”

This gives hope for the future… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes