Help Get a LittleBits Talk to SXSWEdu

Hi.

I’m an Instructional Designer at the University of Alaska Fairbanks and I recently was awarded my M.Ed. My project researched and built plans for delivering a university physics/optics lab online.

A very vital part of my research and implementation involves LittleBits!
I plan on using two CloudBit circuits to measure light intensity, and take user’s control actions from the web to manipulate real equipment. (below!)

I’m in the process of also trying to get some visibility for this method of developing Remote Control Laboratories in higher ed. I hope this leads to all sorts of things: More RCLs freely available to everyone! More labs available for instructors at all levels, More Science, and more LittleBits in HigherEd!

If you are wondering why I am mentioning this here, this is why: I’ve submitted a proposal to SXSW Edu for a presentation next March 2017 in Austin. Part of the selection process involves soliciting support from the community. You are my community!

You can help out by visiting my proposal page: http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/67044 and clicking on the thumb’s up. This does take a few minutes though, to register a SXSWEdu account (no commitment to attend).

Just a few more info links:

Thanks!