#Hack Your Backpack Challenge!
Show your maker skilz this September by upgrading your boring bag into a super-duper backpack that lights up or makes noise! The winner will receive a backpack full of bits :bitstar: (read below for more details)!
We challenge you to hack your backpacks. Go back to school in style with the coolest backpack out of all your friends! You’ll walk down the hallways with a book bag that can blink, buzz or even write out a message, but the best part is that you built it yourself.
- Create and document your dream backpack and upload it to the project page with #HackPack from September 4, 2015 – EXTENDED to Sept 28, 2015!
Inspiration, Examples & Support
Not sure how to start? Here are four examples to get you inspired! Click on the purple links for more information.
Tips & Tricks: Shoes
Riding your bike at night? Add some pulsing LEDs to your messenger bag with hook & loop shoes. Sew the adhesive strip to the bag and stick your circuit right on whenever you hop on your bike. P.S. We tucked the battery in a pocket.
Hack Your Backpack Events:
- In NYC? Sign up as a parent-child duo for our Sept 12th in store event!
- Events calendar: http://littlebits.cc/community/chapters#events
- If you would like to host an event, see our handy-dandy Hack Your Backpack Event Guide
All #HackPack projects will be judged on creativity, design, engineering, originality and documentation of the project.
The winner will receive a custom littleBits backpack with two kits of your choice + a one hour mentoring session from one of our superstar product designers. We will announce the winner during the September 30th Community Call. Be there or be square, Bitsters!
Share Your Project:
To complete the challenge, upload your project to the littleBits Project Page with the hashtag #HackPack. Please include:
- The specific bits you used in the project.
- Reflect on what did you do 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- 30-second video of your project working.