Community Call - June 24, 2015 with Special Guest Ayah Bdeir

Hello everyone, we are so excited to have Ayah as our guest speaker at this months community call on June 24th at noon EST at our usual Unhangout digs: https://unhangout.media.mit.edu/event/littlebits. Please mark your calendars, invite your friends and post your questions over here.

In the meantime we collected a few of our favorite talks from Ayah for everyone to get some inspiration :smile:

Interaction Design Association:

O’Reilly Solid:

Make:

CE Week NY:

Make:

Moderating the call will be yours truly and regular hostess @chloeatplay with the infinitely fun @dave_littleBits.

Wrangling our breakout rooms will be community superstars @designsaunders, @PWHill, @ckachris, @savereykjavik, @maria_renard, @joey, @cosoriou, @Gary_RoboticsClubAus, @JackANDJude, @syedBits, @chloeatplay and @Arjun. We will have rooms for all types of discussions: projects, bitLab, Chapters, our Global Makeathon and competition: the bitOlympics and much much more.

If you are new to the community call and unhangout, watch this handy post Join The Monthly Community Call! ^^

2 Likes

Hi, will these calls be recorded for later viewing?
It’s scheduled for 2:00 - 3:00 am Sydney time and I suspect we could benefit from reviewing it again at a later date. I’m sure others could benefit from this as well.

Great question @techscience. Yes, we do record the guest speakers and upload them + a recap to the Community Call section the forums. If we could move future calls to midnight your time, would you be able to join more of them?

Yes, 2 hours earlier would be MUCH better thank you. 2 - 3am is a really bad time as we’d have to go to sleep, wake up for an hour then go to sleep again (ruins half of the night before a full day at work). Midnight I can manage as it means just going to sleep (very) late.

Happy to hear that there will be a recording. I’ll be happy to use it. Cheers,

I would love to join in but will be in the midst of O’Reilley’s SOLID conference. I wrote a blog post about it here: http://tshapedme.tumblr.com/post/120697492763/littlebits-chapter.

My FOMO is activated! I hate to miss littleBits Founding Mother!

1 Like

Hi everyone! I would like to ask to Ayah:
:cyclone: When you were at the first idea of little bits and it was just Your idea… How did you make other people to believe in its power and potentialities and that it was worth time and efforts?
:cyclone: When did “you” start to become a team?

Thank you so much. Enrica @LaTataRobotica

1 Like

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

A few questions for Ayah:

1. As a maker yourself, what holes do you see iin the current Littlebits vocabulary of bits? Whats missing in your opinion?

2. Describe the company, that if it existed, would put Littlebits out of business.

3. How can we as community members best support you and the success of the company?

4. What keeps you up at night?

5. Can you tell us a little more about “Project Side Project”?

1 Like

I’d be more likely to join the calls if they were at midnight Qld time too. I was going to try and make the call tomorrow morning, but with a young family it’s really hard to have such a late night and then be there for the boys for the next day… sorry

1 Like

@FoxBlockhead Thanks for the feedback. We’ll discuss internally and try to make the community call earlier.

I’m coming today!

School is out and I can finally come and I will be here for the next 3 calls.

2 Likes

YAHOOO @Daniel_Magiera ! @Birish03, can you come too?

It was awesome to share this moment with you and fun to meet such an inspiring person as Ayah. I was left the the curiosity of wanting to learn more from her genius mind, ideals, dreams and vision that keeps her going. I really would love to ask sometime for her advice on growing and improving myself to become a good leader that could push this wonderful movement even farther.

Thank you everyone, it’s an honor and a joy to be part of your community :yum:

1 Like

I’m with @FoxBlockhead - I’m in Sydney and did in fact wake up at 1:30 AM to make the call, but I couldn’t get back to sleep until almost 5:00 AM today. It was interesting and fun, but almost impossible to fit this into my busy schedule…
PLEASE make it earlier next time. Thanks

Please join us at our our monthly Community Call, taking place this Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 12pm EST. On these calls, we have a guest speaker for 20-30 minutes and then break down into smaller rooms to have more intimate conversations about projects, education, bitLab and Chapters. On this week’s call, Ayah Bdeir, Founder/CEO of littleBits will be joining us for a Q+A.

For more information on what the Community Call is, please check out our forum post: Join The Monthly Community Call!.

If you have any specific questions for Ayah, please add them in the comments section here: Community Call - June 24, 2015 with Special Guest Ayah Bdeir.

Hope to see you all!
@renaudbedard @Bleep_labs, @Philip_Verbeek, @joey, @chris101, @codewizard58, @matthiasmwolf, @alexpikkert and all of you other littleBits pals!

<3 Syed

and of course @Jopet!!