Cannot update cloudbit firmware

Hi I’m having a ton of problems with my 4 cloudbits. I have one that I bought in 2014, 2 from Smart Home kits, and one I just purchased.

So my first order of business was to try to update the firmware.

On the 2014 SD card, I mistakenly initialized it for Mac, but then tried to copy the firmware updater on it. Doesn’t matter–it is screwed up probably because of initializing. I can see it in my Finder menu (which I can’t see the other cloud bit SD cards which I didn’t mistakenly initialize from the other cloudbitbits)–it just shows a steady violet light and doesn’t respond to anything.

With the more recent cards, firstly I correctly ignored the Apple message that asked for Initialize/Ignore/Eject, so at least that is fine. But then I can’t get the updater to see these SD cards when it scans. I get an error message:

“A JavaScript error has occurred in the main process:
Uncaught Exception:
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘toLowerCase’ of null
at /Applications/cloudBit Firmware Updater.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/lib/app/window.js:83:39
at Array.filter (native)
at /Applications/cloudBit Firmware Updater.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/lib/app/window.js:81:16
at /Applications/cloudBit Firmware Updater.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/drivelist/build/drivelist.js:20:12
at /Applications/cloudBit Firmware Updater.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/drivelist/build/scripts.js:27:12
at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:200:7)
at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:172:7)
at maybeClose (internal/child_process.js:764:16)
at Socket. (internal/child_process.js:319:11)
at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
at Socket.emit (events.js:169:7)
at Pipe._onclose (net.js:469:12)”

HELP???

Also, when I use my iPad and hotspot for cloud bit connections, I did a diagnostic and got a message saying my network setup is “blocking port 9480, or otherwise restricting access to the littleBits Cloud”.

1 Like

Hi @doy2001,

I’d suggest that in addition to your post here, you send an email to support@littlebits.cc. It has been my experience that they are very helpful with cloud bit issues (and, well, everything else too.)