Arduino Uploading Error Code?

Anybody know what I need to do next?

MacBook Air 10.10.2

???

Power - > Arduino (Middle Slot) -> 09 Bargraph

Board -> Arduino Leonardo

Thanks in advance!!

Sketch uses 4,252 bytes (14%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
Global variables use 151 bytes (5%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,409 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.
processing.app.debug.RunnerException
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:133)
at processing.app.debug.Compiler.upload(Compiler.java:165)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1260)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1202)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1174)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2471)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port ‘/dev/cu.EV3-SerialPort’.
at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:92)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:122)
… 6 more
Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - /dev/cu.EV3-SerialPort; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Port busy.
at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:164)
at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:86)
… 7 more

Port Busy usually means that another program already has the port open.

You don’t want the port labeled cu.EV3-SerialPort… but the one further down in the list called tty.whatever… . look for the “tty” in the name of the port. The rest of the name can change. Judging by the name, it looks as if the serial port may be used by an EV3 block (Lego robot.)

I got it figure out today. It would not work on my Macbook Air but worked on my iMac. The MacBook did not have the “tty” port but the iMac did. Weird deal.

That is weird. I notice that every now and then, the port will not appear. When I quit the Arduino IDE and restart it, the port (almost always) re-appears. Some times I need to restart a couple times.

Anyway, I’m glad you got it working.

1 Like

Hi!
I have managed to solve the problem:

I think the problem occurs because I have first launched Arduino software from the arduino folder (without installing it). So I have downloaded the latest Arduino software version(it’s .exe file) and I have installed it into my computer. This has created “Arduino” folder in the directory “C:\Program Files (x86)” and asked me wheither to install the driver or not (Sure I click on “accept to install the driver”). Finally I have launched the arduino software from the Windows menu and it works.

Hope This will be useful for you.