About the Invention Buzz category

Collaborate on your project ideas with other makers, get help and feedback to drive your ideas forward! Remember that everyone here is a teacher and a learner so don’t be afraid to share work in progress and contribute your expertise.

1 Like

OK here goes…
I have a 12-zone irrigation system with the control panel (Rainbird) in the garage. Periodically, I have to do a walk-through to see if the individual sprinklers in those zones are performing OK. To do this, I turn on zone-1, walk to that area, inspect and adjust, then go back to the garage to turn on zone-2. I have to do that 12 times. I’d love to have a way I can stay out in the yard and turn on each of those zones when I’m finished with one and ready to move on to the next one. It’s a 24v system and all it does is direct that voltage to the specified zone for the specified amount of time.

The idea of using a littlebit to do this seems like a good fit. If I can use my cellphone from out in the yard, I’d love it.

I’m not familiar with all the options, the hardware and what I might need with respect to the phone interface. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rick

Hi Rick,

littleBits is a 5 volt system and we don’t currently have any modules that can control 24 volts. However, this is definitely on or radar. We have a lot of new stuff in the works, so keep your eyes peeled!