A littleBits puzzle - part 3

Solved the 2nd yet ?
If not, here’s another brain challenging question …
How can we make a circuit with 2 timeout modules, so that when the 1st timeout finishes it’s cycle (output 1 goes out ), the output of the 2nd timeout bit starts a cycle from on to off.
The circuit uses 9 bits and of course, no arduino bit :grinning:

Good luck !
And oh, here’s a little video of the circuit in action ( I used 2 xtra wires to connect the led bargraph bits, they are not really needed )

Hi Frank @Frankje,

At the moment I am AFL (away from littlebits) so no access to my bits, but I scribbled a circuit on paper:

?

1 Like

Hi Alex,
Great to see you looking for an answer !
I’m also AFL right now :slight_smile:, but it seems to me that the 2nd timeout module will be constantly on after the first .
I must try this circuit this evening and let you know .

Hi Alex,
Indeed, I just assembled your circuit and the 2nd led stays lit when the cycle ends.
Just take another close look to see the video.
You see that at the start, both leds are dark.
When you press the button (that’s already 1 bit), the first led starts its cycle from on to off.
When it turns off, the 2nd led starts to shine and after its cycle, it goes dark.
Don’t give up yet !

2 Likes

Hi Frank @Frankje,
I do not have two timeout bits, only one…
The following circuit with only one timeout bit does the same.
power-button-timeout-dimmer-sequencer switched to forward speed with leds on output 2 and 3.

:grinning:

1 Like

Hi Alex !
Your solution has indeed the same result, but the difficulty trick lies in the fact that 2 timeout bits should be used :open_mouth:
The interaction between them makes this puzzle a challenge.
Maybe a good idea for Christmas gift ? :bitstar:
With a few logic gates perhaps ? :evergreen_tree: :bitstar:
Greetings

1 Like

I will wait for someone else to find it…
:joy:

1 Like

I don’t have two timeouts. Can we please have another puzzle, @Frankje ?

1 Like