So far we've had a bunch of great feedback from you all. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is uncovered as you continue to test it. Though, I wanted to take some time to write about changes I'm planning on making to the mod based on your input. This is definitely an open discussion, so if you don't like an idea, or you think of a way to make it better, please yell at me!
1. Don't call anything in the mod cloudBit, it's confusing. Seems to get confusing trying to distinguish between the cloudBit item in the game and the actual, real-life cloudBit on your table.
2. Remove the cloudBit, Transmitter, and Receiver, replace with a single "Cloud Gateway". Instead of having to configure the cloudBit item, then choose the transmitter or receiver, it seems like it would be simpler to have a single "cloud gateway" block that you set up to either transmit or receive. I'm imagining that the first time you set it up, the mod would remember your cloudBit token and device ID, and default to that each time you place a new block, so you don't have to go through the process of setting up the block each time. Of course, if you wanted to change it, you'd be able to in a block GUI.
3. Pair the mod with another redstone mod like Project:Red. This is an example of a mod that adds logic gates, latches, sequencers, timers.... tons of things that are a bit complicated to make with raw redstone. I'm thinking this will help people who aren't as familiar with redstone start creating cool things faster.
4. Change mod compatibility from 1.8 to 1.7.10 Right now, very few mods are written for Minecraft version 1.8. I feel like moving to version 1.7.10 will be important if people want to package it in their own modpacks, and is also an integral part of #3.
So, there are some ideas. Please let me know if I've forgotten any important points, or you have better ones!
Ninja edit: I definitely forgot a big one:
5. Replace the Token and dev ID copy and paste process with littleBits log-in. Instead of going to cloud control and copy-pasting, I'm planning to replace this process with a littleBits account login directly in the game. You'll login, see a list of your cloudBits, and click the one you want to connect to. I've been planning on adding this for a while now, but I wanted to make sure we got the security considerations right first!