Now that you're up and running, it's time to really dig in
We want to come up with THAT project. That ONE PROJECT that makes you want to create, play, remix, and share over and over and over and....you get the idea It is the project that embodies all the possibilities of combining Minecraft and Bits. And sometimes these projects are the simplest. So, for your next Design Challenge we want you to create something AWSM with just one button.
Design Challenge 2
What can you do with ONE BUTTON? What can you activate, prevent, allow, order, notify, etc? How would you control the physical world with Minecraft and/or Minecraft with the physical world using one button?
Here's what we want you to do:
- Come up with 5-10 ideas and post them on the forum.
- Wait for feedback. There are other folks (o haaaiii) on the forums who don't have access to the mod yet, but still want to participate. We'll be asking them to give you feedback and post their own ideas.
- Choose your idea. It might be your original, or you might want to change it based on the feedback you receive.
- Build it.
- Share it. Make a walkthrough video to show us how it works.
Here are some recent ideas from some testers:
- Control your hacked pumpkin by placing a Jack O'Lantern block.
- Why stop playing for food? Order Seamless through Minecraft.
- Alert your friends when your on the server by stepping on a pressure plate.
We'd love to have your finished projects uploaded to the Community Project Page by Friday, October 16.
And keep us posted as you make - we want to see your PROCESS! Share a drawn-on napkin, a screen grab, a diagram, a walk-through or more as your invention begins to form.
Remember: it's all about the PROCESS, not just the product